Sunday, August 3, 2008




The first picture is of my feet dangling over the Mekong River. I have to show my wonderful mother in law, Pat, that my pedicure is still going strong! Not a chip gone! We got a pedicure a few days before I left and it is the best pedicure I have ever had! Next is me holding a python, or visa-versa! We hopped on a tiny dugout canoe and rode up some little canals with women of all ages rowing us. It was very serene. When we got back in the big boat to cross the Mekong, a huge deep muddy river, the storm hit. It was quite an adreniline rush to think about those crocs waiting for people to get knocked over. Actually, I don't think there are many crocs left because I have seen an alarming number of croc wallets and such. When it rains here during the rainy season, it RAINS. Drenching intense windy rain. Like Florida on steroids.


No comments: