Tuesday, August 5, 2008

We visited the Water Puppet Theatre in Hanoi, a national treasure. The show was about an hour long, all sorts of fabulous water puppets performed, live music and singing. Thai was totally engaged in the performance and has been sitting still like a stone on my lap watching the videos of the entire performance. Rebecca and I had to use evasive measures after the show to avoid meeting the very angry man that we shushed during the performance. Guy strolls in with his family, 5 minutes after the show starts, asks us to move out of our ticketed seats, talks loudly to his family. Finally I could not take it and I did a SHHH! and Please!. He was very unhappy to have been shushed in front of his family and just glared at me and Rebecca for the rest of the performance. I could feel his eyes burning holes in me, and sure enough, every time I glanced his way, glaring eyes! Anyhoo, the show was spectacular. If ever you are in Hanoi, you must see it. Today Rebecca and Cynthia are off on an adventure to some caves and Thai and I are going to visit the Temple of Literature where a human chess game is played. People are dressed elaborately as chess pieces. That should be interesting. Also on my agenda today is last minute souvenir shopping. I need to find something for my son and beautiful new daughter in law, Johni.We leave tomorrow for the U.S. I will miss being here, but I miss my family!

No comments: