Saturday, August 2, 2008



Hang is 17. She has to leave in one year. In Viet Nam, life can be hard for a woman with no family. Hang helps a lot at the care center and is so sweet! I plan to sponser this child so that she can stay longer. For about $16 a month, she can stay at the care center and finish her education. She will attend a local trade school and learn a vocation. $17 a month can change the course of her life. The program is through Children's Home Society and Family Services, a well known organization in the U.S. Having a face to put with the sponsorship makes such a difference. These guys didn't even tell us about the program, we asked. They should tell everyone! I just love this girl! She wrote me a very sweet letter in Vietnamese. We are now pen pals. I am also pen pals with Hong. If any of you need a pen pal, I can hook you up!

No comments: