Thursday, August 7, 2008




We are leaving Vietnam here, plus one! Our friendships are sealed forever with the sharing of this amazing journey of love. Sounds corny, I know, but that is what I am feeling right now, for these special people. Rebecca is an amazing woman with a big heart, a gentle spirit, and a gift for saying just the right thing at the right time. I feel like we are sisters now and I will never be able to repay her for inviting me to be a part of this event. Thai, a little man who has experienced loss enough in his two years, more than many do in their lives, and yet has come out the other side happy, brave, facing his new life with a beautiful smile. And my oldest and dearest friend, Cynthia, who I am destined so share global adventures with. We started that journey in West Africa 26 years ago, and we are still sharing adventures to this day. I am honored to have met Trang and Cha, the facilitators in Vietnam. They work very hard for those kids and are brilliant, strong women, making a difference. My heart has never been so full and so crushed as it was at the orphanage. Being there opened my eyes. I always say we should be grateful everyday for our gifts. Now I can say it with an absolute clarity about what those gifts are.
Of course I could not have gone on this trip without the support of my family. Mark, my husband, who just said "You should go. Its the chance of a lifetime". when I told him I wanted to leave for 3 weeks, right in the middle of us moving, by the way. Pat, my mother in law, for raising him right! My daughters, Mackenzie and Zoe, who did not give me a hard time, even though I know they wanted to! My Mom and Dad who watched the girls and the house, and who are always there for me. And Gage and Johni, thanks guys! I missed you all so much and I am on my way home!

No comments: